Saturday, October 30, 2010

Vegetable Vampires

Hahaha. I don't really understand the title, because this note is about my fears. Haha.

So, I guess I should start with my first and biggest fear ever. SPIDERS. Yeah.

How many of you can pick up a fake spider, hold one or just look at one and shrug it off? Well, that's good for you. Because I can't. If I go within two feet of a fake spider, I will start to shudder. If I see one down the hall, I will freak out. It's kind of weird. Hallowe'en's the worst for this, because they are EVERYWHERE.

But it's not just the fake ones. If I see a real spider, I will scream, run, stare and point, or call someone over. Yeah. I will freeze up, too. It's sad. Haha.

Here's how you know you have a problem. One day, I was lying on my bed, reading a book. My brother walked in, spoke to me about something, and left. When he left, I heard this weird sratching sort of noise. I looked under my bed, and all around my room. But I never once got up. There was nothing anywhere that I could see. So I went back to reading my book. Then I heard it again. I realized it was coming from in my blankets. It didn't really bother me, because I figured it was going to be something like my foot rubbing against the velcro on my wrist brace, which might have been at the end of my bed. So I reached under my blankets and felt something odd. So I pulled it out and looked at it. It was a remote control tarantula!! I screamed and whipped the thing across my room, and sat up at the same time. There was a crunch and the tarantula was on the ground. My brother walked back in my room and sighed. He thought I broke it. I was hoping I had. But I didn't, sadly. But holy, it scared the crap out of me. I couldn't sleep in my room until I flicked out my blankets three or four times to make sure it wasn't there again. So everytime my brother would take it into some common area, like the kitchen, and show it off, I would run and hide somewhere else.

Yeah, me and spiders don't mix.

I have space/people issues. I can't stand in a group of people and be comfortable unless I'm on the outside. I need to have an escape. If there's a wall behind me, and people standing really close to me, I will start to have a panic attack. It's happened before, mostly at school. Haha. This sucks.

Strangers. Yupp. They scare me. I had a creepy older guy walk up to me one day in Walmart. This is why I will never go into any store alone. He walked up to me, creepily, and asked how I was. I answered him, with my guard up. He asked me if I worked there. I said no. He said, "That's funny. I thought Walmart employees dressed in all black." Of course, I was dressed in all black, but that's just how I chose to dress that day. He said good bye, and walked away. My mom and sister were at the other end of the aisle (the battery aisle) and were watching me. I walked up to them, shaking a bit (I was freaked out) and stayed with them. From that point on during our trip there, I kept seeing him. I was standing in line, waiting to buy something, and my mom pushed me in front of her. The man was behind me in line. So I bought what I was getting. We started to leave, when we realized he was heading in the same direction. We went in the other direction and waited. I was terrified. My sister had found a tambourine she wanted, but didn't have any money for it. I gave her the money for it, because I wanted to stay in the store until I was sure the man was gone. My mom called my dad and told him what had happened. When we got out into the parking lot, we unloaded the car and got in. My mom went to put the cart away, and I started to cry in the backseat. I don't know why I was so scared. It was just one of those, "I don't like this guy, get away from me" feelings. My mom looked into the car, smiled at me, then realized I was crying. She gave me a hug, told me it would be alright, and drove home. When we got home, I practically flew out of the car and hugged my dad. He told me I was alright, and that I was safe.

Yeah. I'm a freak. Haha. My fears are pretty silly, I know. But there are more. I'll only share with you my other biggest fear.

Claustrophobia. I can't be in small spaces for too long without panicking. I find myself being scared in public washrooms. Also, if I can't get out of somewhere, I really start to panic. So, yeah. Haha.

Thanks for listening to my fears. :P

Yupp.

That's it, for now.

Thanks for reading,

don't forget to smile. (:

-Jiffypop


P.S. I don't know why, but whenever I'm writing something like these long note thingers, I like to listen to piano music. You should listen to it. It's awesome. These songs are by Grant Wilson, from the Syfy show, Ghost Hunters. http://www.myspace.com/grantwilsonpiano

No comments:

Post a Comment