Monday, November 22, 2010

Blabs about Anything

So it hasn't quite been a week since I last posted, but I felt like posting. Whoo.

Hmmm... Where to start...

Ooh.

I have issues with people. If I spend too much time in a crowd, I start to get twitchy and panicky. Usually, I can last about twenty minutes before the twitching starts. For school, I can last all day, usually, without freaking out.

My entire weekend was filled with people. Strangers, mostly. On Friday, I went to a lighting ceremony for the city, and there were people in front of me, beside me, behind me, brushing past me, and elbowing me. I was on the edge of the crowd, too. So after Santa showed up and turned on the lights, my dad led us out of the crowd and into the lights. While we're walking, there are groups of people behind us and in front of us. At this point, I'm wringing my hands and glancing around a lot, as if looking for an escape. Well, actually, I was. I needed to get away from everyone. So my sister asked me what was wrong, and all I said was that I needed to get away. She looked at my dad and told him that. He led us away from the crowds. Thank God. I calmed down before we got to the car and was fine. The lights were pretty cool, too. After I noticed them when I calmed down. :P

Saturday, I was helping out at a usual place I helped out. They were holding a bazaar/café thing, and I was running the café side. For half of the time, I had help. But that didn't stop the flow of people. I couldn't move around, and at one point, I was trapped in the kitchen where I was making coffee. I didn't like that. I started pacing a bit, until someone moved. Then I grabbed a pot of coffee and ran around, offering it to people. There were times when I couldn't move an inch because people were in my way, and I didn't want to bother them. It was bad for me. when the rush died down, I walked around a bit, getting my bearings back. It didn't help that my helper left halfway through and no one else really came to help me. I was serving coffee and tea, making both, unloading and reloading the dishwasher, clearing tables, setting up tables pretty much at the same time. It was bad. When it all died down, people helped me clear up tables. When it was over, I sat down in an empty chair and almost fell asleep. It was brutal. Thank God the room was empty except for maybe five people.

Saturday night, I went to a local hockey game. That wasn't so bad. I kept my head down through the crowds and followed my dad. We had a lot of fun. (:

Sunday, I had to work on a math project, where I had to go out and survey 100 people. That didn't go too well. I was scared of talking to strangers, because there were just so many around. I kept thinking that the one person we ask will kidnap us and take us away. Haha. I'm pretty paranoid when it comes to strangers. We finally finished surveying people, though, and all was well.

So yeah, I'm a freak when it comes to people. I can't stand talking to strangers. One time, at Walmart, I was standing in the battery aisle, figuring out what brand of AAA batteries were cheapest when this sketchy guy with a camera bag walked up to me and asked me how I was doing. Straight away I was creeped out. Then he asked me if I worked there. I said no, and he wished me a good day and left. It wouldn't have been so bad, however, if he hadn't been everywhere I was in the store. I went to the games, he showed up. I got in line, and he was RIGHT BEHIND ME. When we got out to the car, after waiting for him to leave before us, I broke down. I was terrified. My mom comforted me, and we went home. I gave my dad a big hug and felt better. Since then, I have not been able to be in a store by myself without looking over my shoulder every thirty seconds. However, I never go in stores by myself. It's hard to do that, though, when someone makes fun of me for being like that. I guess they just don't understand my mind. It's kind of hard to. :P

Anyway, since then, I always need to have someone that I'm with in my line of vision, or I'll start to panic. Whoo. Sorry, guys. (:

Hmmm... What else happened these past few days...

Oooh..

My phone is all busted up. The 5, 9, *, and back buttons don't work that well, the phone restarts sometimes when I take a picture and it loops when I send a message. I've been complaining about this for a couple of months. Finally, my mom took me on the weekend to send it away. I got this nifty loaner phone that's way better than the last loaner phone I got. This one is a LG 285. Brand new... ish. I'm the first to use it, but it's old. Yay! The last time I sent my phone away (got it "fixed" for the looping and the 4 key not working), I got the Motorola w385. I hated it. It was confusing. When I put it on silent, it still made noise, and all the keys were just weird. I'm used to my phone, so it was hard to adjust to that one. But I made it through for two weeks, then I got mine back. When I got this one, I knew I'd like it, because it's the same size, pretty much, of mine, and it's similar. A little older, but similar. Nevertheless, I want mine back. (:

Loaner phone
Image from http://www.gooint.com/

My phone
Image from http://www.telusmobility.com/

Anyway, I miss my phone, even though it's only been gone three days. Haha.

That's about it, I think. So you're all updated on my life. For now. Haha. Thanks for reading. (:

Have an awesome week and don't forget to smile,

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment