Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Week Plus My Take on TAPS

So this week, I went out shopping the day after Boxing Day. Probably not my best decision, as I previously talked about my people and space issues. Oh well. I got a cool new winter hat. It’s a tiger, and it’s made of wool so it’s really warm. I also had to buy season one of Paranormal State for my massive media project; doesn’t bother me though, because I like Paranormal State. Not as much as Ghost Hunters, though. Anywho, also this week, I got to go to a hockey game. That was pretty exciting, as we were sitting right behind the hecklers, so we got to hear everything they said and see everything they did. It was pretty funny. Of course, it was also awesome because the team I like won, so that was pretty awesome too. I’ve also got a foam finger that’s hanging on my wall. Yupp, I’m that cool. Haha.
This week also happened to have New Years in it. Gee, how could that pass by so unnoticed?? Wait, probably because I don’t party all hard core. Haha. I usually just sit around with my family and play board games, then count down with the rest of the world who lives in the Eastern Time Zone. This New Year’s celebration also included a “party”. Pretty much what I mean by that is that our neighbour invited us over to celebrate (we left before midnight). There were drunken people playing the Michael Jackson dancing game on the Wii. It was pretty hilarious, until they tried to make me play. I ran and hid in a corner. I used the excuses that I would hurt my wrist, because I would as I have wrist problems (I know, 17 and I already have an issue like that, haha), and the excuse that I just don’t dance. Someone else volunteered, so I could hide still. Yay!! Haha. It was pretty funny to watch though, when one of them kicked the table. We went home at about 11, and then played some games. It was pretty fun.
The only thing that sucked was that I went to bed at 1:30 AM and then got up at 7:30 AM. It was awful. I sat in my room and worked on my project because I couldn’t focus on anything else. I was so tired that I couldn’t fall asleep. It was brutal. I got more sleep last night though, so that was nice.
So that was pretty much my week. Yay for a boring week!! Again. Haha. Well, the hockey game wasn’t boring, and going to my brother’s hockey game the night before wasn’t boring either. Haha.

So, onto my other topic: My Take on TAPS

For those of you that don’t know, TAPS stands for The Atlantic Paranormal Society. They are a group of people who go around, helping families with their paranormal issues by trying to debunk the claims. They debunk 80% of the claims, and only 20% end up being paranormal. They also have a show called “Ghost Hunters” that’s on Syfy or OLN (for Canadians like me). The show is them going around helping people with their claims.
I got a couple of the seasons for Christmas. They were season 4 part 2 and all of season five. When I was watching the live show from season four, I watched the jacket pull. For those of you who don’t know what I’m talking about, Grant is walking through the basement when something grabs his coat three separate times. You can actually see it be pulled down.
I watched the jacket pull multiple times, because I knew people were pulling it apart, saying Grant was a fraud, that he set the jacket pull up. Pretty much, that it was staged. I watched it a lot, and I still don’t see what you people are seeing. To me, it looks like it is being pulled away from him. It’s almost impossible to put fishing line up your coat and pull away from yourself. Think about it, you’re confined to inside your coat, which isn’t a lot of room. How do you pull away? If he had it outside his coat, someone’s light would have reflected off part of the fishing line, and we would have seen it. From what I pulled from it, the only way it could have been staged is if someone from the crew behind him pulled the fishing line. But again, we would have seen some reflection. Plus, his collar was up around his neck. There were no dents in it that would have fishing line tied around it, and you’d need to have the fishing line pretty tight to be able to make the collar drop like that. Personally, I don’t think it was faked, but that’s what I believe. What you believe is what you believe.
All in all, I trust TAPS. I think they’re a good group of people who are just trying to help people. They seem to be legitimate to me. I am sceptical about the evidence, only because I look at it and think, “Maybe someone stepped heavy and the flashlight flickered”. You never know. But whatever evidence they get, they immediately try to debunk it, which is an amazing thing to do. They could just come in with their cameras, hear noises, and then tell the clients that their place is haunted. Instead, they go in and immediately go after the “most debunkable” claims first. That’s awesome to see. For as long as I can remember, I’ve always tried to find the source of a weird noise that I hear. Where my bedroom is, there are all the pipes, the water heater, furnace, etc. so I hear a lot of weird noises. At first, I couldn’t figure them out, until I thought about it, and then looked around. When I realized what everything was, I was okay with the noises. They help me sleep at night now. Haha.

Anyway, that’s my take on TAPS and the jacket pull. I could go on for hours, but I really don’t want to bore you again. Haha.

Thanks for reading :D

Smile!!
-Jenn
P.S. Do something random and nice (:

No comments:

Post a Comment