Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Adventures at Guelph University

My weekend started out boring. I had just been told I was going to Guelph to check out Guelph University. I packed my bags slowly and complained silently to myself. I was being dragged along because my sister wanted to go. Now we were at the hotel in Guelph.
It was seven o’clock, and I was on the computer. I sat there, working on homework, trying to focus. I shook my head to clear it, but it didn’t work. I looked up and stared at the wall for a while, trying to gather my thoughts. I checked my phone, and realized it was 7:30. I had been trying to focus for half an hour. I put my phone down and looked back at the computer screen. I was determined to get something done. Suddenly, I looked up. Looking around the room, I tried to pinpoint the scratching noise I had heard. When I figured it out, I realized the noise came from the wall beside my parent’s bed. Being the only one paying attention, I listened and stayed silent. I didn’t hear anything else, but I wasn’t disappointed. The noise had scared me, but excited me at the same time. I spent the rest of the night thinking about it.
                Because of it, I had a bad, broken sleep, consisting of only about five and a half hours of sleep. But it was broken into hour or half hour intervals. I kept thinking about the strangeness of sleeping in a hotel, and mostly, about the noise I heard. I was thinking that maybe it was an animal. But if it had been, I would have heard the noise again, not just the once, and would maybe have been able to hear it make its way up the wall. I knew it wasn’t an animal in the other room, because the hotel had a no pet policy. That’s what I was told, anyway. I thought, in my half-asleep brain, that it could have been something paranormal. That set me off for the rest of the night and the next day.
                At about 6:30 A.M., I got up and got onto the computer. The first thing I did was look up the hotel I was staying in to see if there were any claims of hauntings. I couldn’t find anything, so I was a little confused. I shrugged it off, hoping not to worry about it, and proceeded to look up Guelph University to see if it was haunted. There, I wasn’t disappointed. There had been reports of footsteps, and a sighting of someone. I was excited. Maybe I’d experience something after all! I waited impatiently to go to Guelph U to check this out.
                When we got there, it was really cold. Not winter coat cold, but “my hands are going to fall off” cold. So my mom bought me a cappuccino to keep me warm, and awake. I drank that down quickly, and was a little wired. It was boring, to start off with, but when the caffeine kicked in, I was starting to laugh at everything. Yeah, that’s what I do when I have caffeine and am really tired, I laugh. A lot.
                Throughout this entire “IMMA BE UBER CRAZY” state of mind, I was also on the lookout for footsteps or entities. Sadly, there were too many people there to distinguish footsteps or to tell if someone who was there wasn’t supposed to be. That was okay, however, because I was having the time of my life. My mom had bought me a vanilla latte, which lasted me the rest of the tour. Someone would say something to me, and I’d just grin at them. I’m pretty sure I freaked out half of the parents on the tour. They kept looking at me, expecting me to check out the dorms, but I never did. Instead, I tried to figure out why my shoes kept untying themselves. Yeah, that’s what I do when I’m bored, extremely tired and completely wired on caffeine. It’s fun. I kept bugging my mom about it, because I had to stop three times in ten minutes to re-tie my shoes. While doing this, a thought popped into my head. Hey, maybe some ghost is messing with me. I stuck with that for a while. When I woke up the next morning, however, I laughed at my craziness about that. No ghost would spend it’s time untying one of my shoes. Who knows, though, maybe they would, or maybe I was just having really bad luck with my shoes.

                Anyway, when we finished the tour, I still hadn’t found anything paranormal, but that was okay. I still had my latte, and I was still giggling like a maniac. When we got in the car, however, I put my earbuds in, put some music on, and fell fast asleep. That’s my attention span, right there. :P
                So, to this day I still don’t know what that scratching noise was, and I still spend time thinking about it almost every day. Usually when I’m bored. Also, I don’t know if it really was a ghost playing with me, untying my shoe, but I doubt it. I probably wasn’t tying them as tight as I thought I was.
                Anyway, I still have Mount Homework waiting for me.
Smile!!
-Jenn
P.S. If you want to read my ramblings on a daily note, follow me on twitter via @jenn5655.

No comments:

Post a Comment