Friday, December 17, 2010

Too Much School..

...Okay, maybe not this week exactly.

So in my previous blog post I went on about the power going out in the movie theatre. It's really funny because right when I was going to post the blog post, our power went out for about five minutes. Luckily, I hadn't pressed any buttons so my work was still on the page. When the power went on, I his "Publish" and it was all good. Haha.

So, that night, the winter storm kept me awake all night, with the wind blowing past my window. It was really loud, and woke me up at the worst times. I hated it. I got up around 5:30 AM, because I couldn't sleep anymore. My sister grabbed the computer and checked buses. They ended up being cancelled. My parents kept us home from school.

Sweet!! Long weekend!!!

At least, that's what I thought on Monday. Sure, I got an extended weekend, and it was awesome. I loved it, after I got over missing a day that I thought I needed. Turns out, I missed pretty much nothing. Whoo!! However, they really should've closed the schools because it was way too dangerous to be driving, but whatever.

One of the worst things I've ever woken up to reading as a text: The County is under a state of emergency. That's how my Tuesday started at 5 or 5:30 AM. Again with the early morning. Yaay... I got up around 6 AM to see if buses were cancelled, as I would have had band at 7 AM. They cancelled the buses again. I looked up this state of emergency, and found out it was because of the amount of cars stranded on the major highway. So I went on Twitter and proceeded to rant about how it's not safe, and they should close the schools. While I was ranting, I periodically checked the bus cancellation website. Turns out, they closed the schools during my rant. I made it seem like I closed the schools single-handedly via twitter. Haha. It was fun. However, I was worried too, because the State of Emergency meant that the county would be calling in the military to help. Someone like me would think it's amazing and terrifying to see the military coming to our little town, where it's never happened in my thirteen years of living here that I remember. I was also sick and tired of being at home, because we were literally snowed in through our back door, and it was really hard to get out the front door. I think our back door is still frozen shut right now and it's Friday. Huh. I felt better about staying home Tuesday because the schools were legitimately closed. My dad had signed up for the one-month free Netflix deal, so we watched Paranormal State for part of the day. Yay!!

Wednesday rolls around, and I still wake up around 5:30 AM. It was killing me to wake up this early. My sister walks in my room and says, "Buses are cancelled again". I grunted, then asked if we could go to school, in my 3/4 asleep mode so it sounded more like, "CanI gahooo too sschooolllll...??" My parents said yes, and I was overjoyed. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'm one of those people who can't stand being stuck in one place too long. Yaaay. Haha. I had been in the house four days straight and I wanted OUT. I went to school, and it turned out practically no one was there. Again. Oh well.

Thursday was interesting. It was the only "normal" day of the week. But it really wasn't normal for the week, because two days the buses were cancelled, one day school was closed, and the other was a half day. But whatever. Most everyone was there, but we still didn't do much. The awards assembly was cancelled, and the concert for Wednesday night was cancelled, so my week was just torn apart and ruined. I think I'm still picking up the pieces of the plans I had made for the week. Haha.

Thursday was also interesting because it was the only morning I "slept in". I got up around 6:15 AM. That's sleeping in for me on a Thursday, but really sleeping in for this week.

Today, Friday, went as usual, meaning I woke up at 5 AM. But this time, I stayed in bed until 6:15 AM ish. I went to school, learned nothing because the day was a write-off, and came home at noon, because of shortened classes. I proceeded to pass out on the couch for a bit, because of my ridiculously early mornings throughout the week. I was done with that. Now watch, tomorrow I'll be awake at 4:30 AM. Yeeesh...

I also learned something really interesting this week:

Okay, a couple of things:

1. When you don't get enough sleep, you do really stupid things.
2. While not getting enough sleep, you may try to drink soap.

I know both of these because I did a bunch of stupid things this week, and yes, I almost drank soap. I was getting a drink of water from the tap in a little paper cup, and almost grabbed the soap pump to fill my cup up. I stopped myself in time though, thank God. That night, however, I was washing my face and somehow managed to get a handful of bubbles in my mouth. I spat them out, thinking how nasty my mouth was going to taste. The soap I was using was vanilla soap, by the way. I thought it was just perfumed that way. No. It literally tastes like vanilla. I really wish I didn't know that, but I do, so that's interesting. Haha.

I'm a little worried for this weekend, just because of the state of mind I've been in this weekend. Seriously, right now, as I'm typing this, I'm thinking about squirrels. Yeah... I need more sleep in my life.

I'm so excited.

It's almost a week until Christmas!! Right now, I'm sitting in my room, typing this and listening to Christmas carols with only the Christmas lights on that are hanging in my room. They're purple. (: I'm also wearing a Santa hat. I'm so excited.

It's such a great holiday, because I get to spend that one day with my family, and everyone is there for dinner, and it's just a fun day. We are a pretty close family, and have a lot of family dinners, but Christmas dinner is always just so special. I love it. I love the feeling in the air, and having the Christmas carols playing in the background with the Christmas lights on all day. Oh yeah, the presents are pretty awesome, too. (:

Oh yeah.

Today was a half day at school because we have a two-week break ahead, starting Monday!! I'm so happy. It's going to be awesome. I don't know what I'm doing over break, but it will be fun. :D

Ever heard of www.xkcd.com ?? Yeah, I only heard of it a couple of days ago, thanks to Karl Pfeiffer from Twitter (@KarlPfeiffer). I'm hooked on it. It's funny. A bit of it I don't get, but for the most part, it's pretty funny. Or insightful. :)

Anyway, I need to rev up some more Christmas spirit into my family, if we can get any more Christmas spirit into this family we have so much. Have a great week!!

Smile!!

- Jenn

P.S. Don't forget to donate anything people need. (:

P.P.S. There's a daily version of these posts on my Twitter (@Jenn5655). Follow me for all my randomness. Whoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment